The amount of SPAM in circulation is increasing exponentially year on year. This fact sheet is designed for those who have a SPAM problem and need to know how to reduce it.
Everything you need to know about SPAM can be found at the SPAMHAUS website. http://www.spamhaus.org/index.lasso
- Source - Spamhaus.org - 75% of the worlds email is SPAM.
- Source - Microsoft.com - Hotmail filters more than 3 billion SPAM emails daily.
- SPAMMING is legal in the USA - http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=150
- SPAMMING is illegal throughout the European Community - http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=
- The USA is the worlds top Spamming country.
ROKSO (Register Of Known Spam Operations)
80% of spam received by Internet users in North America and Europe can be traced via aliases and addresses, redirects, hosting locations of sites and domains, to a hard-core group of around 200 known spam operations, almost all of whom are listed in the ROKSO database.
See the ROKSO list: http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/index.lasso
Spamhaus Consumer Protection
Spamhaus guide - how to avoid SPAM